Week 15: The Future

 “It is ten years from now, the holiday season of 2030.  You are thinking about a present you might be getting for the holidays.  What is it?  Talk about how you did your holiday shopping,  What is your job and how are you doing it?  What is your living situation and what are the major issues of the day?  Please make these questions relevant to any appropriate holidays you celebrate. “ 

 

So, it is the year 2030 and as always, I am traveling back to Puerto Rico for the holidays since I have been away from my family for too long and need to be babied for a few days. A present that I would be hoping for this year is for the latest popular drawing tablet that is an incredible evolution from the one I had received twelve Christmases ago. It is a drawing tablet that has a lot of drawing real estate compared to the ones that came before it. These tablets now come in with different color outer parts such as pink, blue and purple. It also allows you to project your design if necessary or let you draw in a holographic 3D format. This present is perfect since the motion design industry has switched its focus to holographic designs and illustration. It is basically an entirely new medium that has taken the world by storm.  

As usual, I did my holiday shopping online but compared to a few years before I do not have to worry about if the presents come in before Christmas since I live in PR. In 2030 Christmas shopping is a breeze ever since drones have now become an active part of the USPS by delivering lighter-weight packages around the globe. It truly feels like I have been transported to a functional society that is still unfortunately drive-by capitalism. But at least every present has come in on time so I do not have to worry about sending some sorry messages that the presents did not come in on time this year. 

Recently I have started a new job with an upcoming gaming company. At this point in my life, I am extremely proud of myself since I have found a studio that not only does great work but allows me to have a life outside of the workplace by promoting healthy habits such as taking breaks and vacations. I have finally moved on from having to be a bit of a workaholic so I can concentrate on my mental and physical health. I can finally start to work my way into getting away from anti-depressants and anxiety pills. Which unfortunately I am still reliant on but am still putting up a fight as I deal with my mental health issues. 

At the moment my dog Jae is still with me as we travel back home. He is my roommate wherever I go and I have come to depend on his company. He on the other hand loves his new sturdy toys that have been created in recent years. Now his toys last a lot longer meanwhile still being affordable with my payroll. Thankfully I am earning what I should be and I have stopped underselling myself as an artist. 

My only issues are that even though headphones and earphones have gotten better and better each year. I keep losing or breaking them no matter what. It may be 2030 but there is still no affordable headgear that can stand my wrath which is unfortunate. Maybe Mami can get me new ones so I don’t have to spend my money on it. My favorite part of the holidays is to still be spoiled by my parent like if I were five. 

 

Happy Holidays! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 01: Goth - Frankenstein by Mary Shelley (6 pts)

Week 11: Cyberpunk & Steampunk - Short Stories